Monday, April 2, 2012

Hot sausage

Last night gatorA and I put together a pretty savory dinner of spicy italian turkey sausage, shrimp, and sauerkraut.  I forgot to take a picture, but oh boy it was delicious. 

It's become a tradition for us to go grocery shopping late Sunday night after he gets home from the hospital.  We hit up Harris Teeter so I can get my whole wheat english muffins and Chobani greek yogurt, then we head over to Whole Foods for the fresh produce.  This has really kept us from going out to eat or ordering delivery too much (we were really bad about ordering out when we lived in Gainesville, and that habit carried over to our first few months in Cville).  Even though Whole Foods is overpriced, it keeps us from straying from our healthy diets.  We've been eating a heck of a lot of fruit, veggies, and fish lately.

I woke up late today because I'm working a night shift tonight, and even though it was the late afternoon I decided I wanted breakfast.  I made my signature - ;) - english muffin with sausage, egg, and cheese.  On the side I had a sizeable plate of fruit.

I think it's pretty clear that I love fruit.



I downloaded the MyFitnessPal app, and it's awesome.  I'm trying to keep better track of the calories I eat so I can put on a couple pounds (don't laugh), and this app is great.  It actually scans barcodes on food products and gives you the nutritional info so you can add it to your meal diary.  Here's what my diary looks like so far today:


Last night's workout was lower body and core:
  •  Squats: 3 sets of 10 with 50lb weight
  • Around the world lunges: 15 sets total
  • Leg presses: 1 set of 6 at 205lbs, 2 sets of 6 at 190lbs
  • Planks x 3 for 1 minute
  • Mountain climbers: 3 sets of 20 on the swiss ball
Planning on a very early morning workout after my shift ends tomorrow. 

Mud Warrior in 12 days.  Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment