Saturday, March 24, 2012

Lazy Saturday

I've been very lazy lately.  Night shifts can really screw up your "off-day" schedule if you're not careful, and you could end up wasting entire days by sleeping.  Couple that with some bad food decisions (*ahem* fried chicken and fries from the night shift grill, chinese food, and greasy breakfast with my ED crew), and I haven't been feeling so hot this week.

So today I decided to turn things around.  When gatorA got home, we booked it to the gym for a quick session before the UF vs Louisville game (which we're watching now).  I felt like kicking my butt into gear, so I did some of my favorite lower body workouts:

  • Leg presses: 3 sets, increased weights from 170 to 180 to 190lbs and did as many as I could
  • Squats: 3 sets of 12, increased total weight from 30 to 40lbs
  • Around the world lunges: 3 sets of 5 lunges in each position
  • Donkey kicks: 3 sets of 30 (I love these)
  • Hip raises: 3 sets of 20 with a 15lb weight over my hips

Tonight is date night :)  We're going to check out the Royal Indian restaurant and then go to a movie.  We keep our date nights simple, but that's how we like it.  I figure Indian food offers a lot of healthy options without being boring.  Plus we love spicy food (sadly gatorA's spicy-tolerance is much higher than mine... I'm a terrible Korean).


A week ago, gatorA and I went hiking at Crabtree falls.  There are a lot of great hiking trails around Charlottesville, but this particular hike offers views of one of the tallest waterfalls east of the Mississippi.  It's a steep 3.5 mile loop, which really got my heart pumping and legs burning, but it felt great to finish it.  Plus, the views were incredible.




We had a quick lunch at the top of the falls with the stream gurgling next to us, and it was beautiful.  I'd definitely recommend it to anyone interested in hiking.

Alright, back to the game... our Gators have a good run at the Final Four :)

No comments:

Post a Comment