Monday, March 26, 2012

Slow

Yesterday gatorA and I went for a jog on a trail near our apartment.  The trail follows a nice little creek, and there are points where you have to cross said creek via some rocks.  Last time we took the trail I ended up slipping on a rock and almost fell in (and gatorA watched with amusement).  With all the rain we've gotten lately, the water was a little too deep and was rushing a little too fast yesterday, so we ended up turning around and finding another trail.  The second trail was a little tougher - very narrow with a lot of rocks and tree roots, but it was fun (and maybe had an aura of "you might be kidnapped by a hillbilly at any moment," which made me run faster).  We estimated the whole trip was about 2 miles. 

We passed a couple other runners, and one of them had a very... unique... style.  I really hope people don't look at me running and think the same thing. 

Today I had a yummy breakfast of a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit with kiwis, clementines, and blueberries on the side (plus a big ol' mug of coffee).  It got me perfectly energized for my workout this afternoon.

I jogged an embarrassingly slow 2 miles on the treadmill... but it still felt good to get it done (and I didn't feel like I was dying at the end).  I really need to work on improving my time before the race, though.

Then I did a little back work:
  • Lat pull-downs: 3 sets of 6 at 70lbs
  • Seated rows: 3 sets of 6 at 70lbs
  • Bent over rows: 3 sets of 10 with 15lbs each arm
  • Bent over flys: 3 sets of 10 with 5lbs each arm
Now I'm off to shower and head to the mall to get a mani and a little shopping done.  Book club tonight!  We're discussing Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides, so I'm making a Greek-themed appetizer of Tzatziki.  It's basically a dip made of Greek yogurt, sour cream, cucumbers, olive oil, vinegar, and dill (and I'm going to add some peppers and garlic).  I've never made it before, so hopefully it turns out alright.  I still have a couple chapters left to finish... lots to do today :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment